Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OMG, Is this Life for real?

For most of us we have had our days where we have thought or said  "Man, I wish I was a kid again" I know when I was a child I had this whole outlook on life and what it was like and supposed to be. Some of us even had make believe friends, King of over an entire land, or even had some absurd things we wanted to be when we grew up. Then we grew up and ideas changed, some new ones introduced, people started teaching us what was good/bad, society formed us to what was an acceptable way to live. We inherited a status based off of credit scores and the things we own. With all of these things we are overwhelmed sometimes on decisions to make, I mean we don't want to make a mistake, and most of us are not so patient so we want it fast and now as well. It all seems just as unrealistic as it did when we were children just making up who we were (a princess, thief, knight, etc) in whatever fantasy location we chose to be in. But it just felt right when we were young, What was the difference between now and then? Is there a difference? Someone once told me that I think  I live in a fantasy world, (LOL) Maybe I do?

1 comment:

  1. As we grow into adults, things from our youth remain with us. Our hopes and dreams change only slighty as the reality of accomplishing our goals set in. Maybe we should live in a fantasy world and not be so afraid of our dreams being seen as absurdity or unrealistic.......as we did when were children!!!!!

    ReplyDelete